200g grated allmonds
Put all ingredients together and pat a dough. Leave it about an hour in the fridge.
Pat it again and take little bits of dough to form very small croissant (about 2-3cm), put them on a baking tray.
Bake it for about 10 minutes in hot oven 180 degrees celsius.
When they are a bit coloured take them out.
Now put them(hot) in a bowl- you have prepared with powder sugar(250g) and real vanilla sugar (10g).
The croissants should be covered all over. Now you can put them in a tin and eat them at Christmas.
Good luck and appetite!!
(Edible Christmas Decorations)
300g/10oz Plain Flour
150g/5oz Caster Sugar
250g/8oz Soft Butter
1 Large Egg Yolk
2 teaspoons Vanilla Essence
½ teaspoon Salt
1. Beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl.
2. Add the egg yolk and vanilla essence and beat the mixture until it is smooth.
3. Next add the flour and salt and mix everything together to form a smooth dough.
4. Mould the dough into a ball, wrap it in cling film, and leave it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Heat the oven to 180˚/350˚F/Gas4.
6. Roll the dough to about ½ cm thick on a surface sprinkled with flour.
7. Cut out christmas shapes with a stencil and put them on non-stick or lined baking trays.
8. Make a hole near the top of shape, for a ribbon.
9. Cook the cookies for 12 minutes or until golden. Leave them on a wire rack to cool.
10. Decorate with icing sugar.
11. Hang on the christmas tree or eat and enjoy
FINNISH CHRISTMAS COOKIES (about 75 cookies)
(You bake the dough the day
before and let it stay in a cool place (fridge) til the next day.)
1 dl suryp
1 teaspoon cinnamon
½ teaspoon allspice
½ teaspoon cloves
½ teaspoon ginger
2½ dl sugar
1 dl whipping cream
1½ teaspoons sode
7 dl wheat flour
Heat up the suryp and add spices. Let it cool a little.
Whip butter and sugar. Add the egg.
Add the surypmix, flour (with the sode added
to flour) and cream into the whipped butter.
Let the dough stay in a cool place until
the next day.
When baking, divide the dough into
a couple of pieces.
Roll the pieces of dough to a thin plate.
Press cookies with different shapes.
Bake cookies 5 minutes in 200 degrees.
Prep:30 mins - 40 mins Cook:20 mins
Makes 18 pies
· 225g cold butter, diced
· 350g plain flour
· 100g golden caster sugar
· 280g mincemeat
· 1 small egg
· icing sugar, to dust